Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Commissioned portrait Little Lady



As you know, I love to paint 'Little Ladies'.  Usually I paint whatever I fancy, often to a theme, with the aim of creating a body of work for a show. 

Last month I was very fortunate to create an 'actual' Little Lady of some one!  The client's husband had kept a magazine article about me from a previous show I had done and presented the article to my client saying he wished to give her an 'Ingrid Boot' painting for her birthday this year.

She was very excited and said she wanted to be portrayed as a Little Lady, whilst showing aspects of her character and life.  She was totally perfect as a model for a Little Lady and gave me lots of props to work with.  This is a list of items included, travel books and old suitcases, food magazine with postit notes where favourite recipes are, Ferarri key and hat, a trainer from the gym, a cork of Veuve Cliquot chamagne, camera from her love of photography, ivy form her love of table decorating, a butterfly and a recurring theme of turquoise, her favourite colour.

It is a large painting, 1m x 1.2m and was thoroughly enjoyable to paint and the client was wonderful to work with.  I have hidden her face for privacy reasons. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment