Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Re-working

Every time I excitedly tear the cellophane off a brand new canvas, I attempt to paint my best painting yet. I think this is what all artists strive for. Never really knowing exactly how it is going to turn out, I am always in the hope that this will be 'the one'!!


I have learnt and improved over the past few years as I have painted more and more. With this in mind, I decided to revisit paintings that I completed a couple of years ago to see if I could do better.



Here are the before and after shots of 'Absence'. I love dark pictures where an object is 'appearing' from the shadows. The red satin fabric is luscious and looks lovely and silky.



I have redesigned the lingerie and made it more romantic and altered the skin tones.




I will be working next on a nude.


http://www.ingrid.co.nz/

No comments:

Post a Comment